Barbara, a 53-year-old executive assistant in San Francisco, is taking the VitaMe Challenge. Between June and August, she’ll be sharing her story here on our blog as she takes her custom supplements every day, while trying to cut sugar and re-start her yoga practice.
Today, I signed up on VitaMe.com to start receiving a customized, monthly vitamin regimen. I’m not presently taking any supplements at all, and after taking a quick, eight-question quiz about my general health, I was recommended two particular supplements for my specific needs:
- VitaMe Essentials Over 50 (a basic multi-vitamin for the over-50 set)
- Omega 3 Complex (because I don’t eat enough fish and everyone knows how beneficial Omegas are for you).
I also had the option of choosing some add-ons, which I did:
- Healthy Weight Loss, because I’m currently downsizing, so to speak, and
- Energy and Immune Booster, because my energy has really waned in the last year or so and I’d love to get some of that back.
I took a close look at the ingredients, and the VitaMe Essentials Over 50 and the Omegas are your standard vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. And the Healthy Weight Loss supplement contains some things I’ve seen advertised to assist in weight loss (including Green Tea Extract and Ginseng) but never personally tried. But the Energy and Immune Booster reads like something out of a Chinese Medicine handbook – an herbal blend of fruits, seeds, roots and more. Fascinating!
Take the VitaMe Challenge!
Want to join Barbara in taking the VitaMe Challenge? Send us an email introducing yourself, that includes your age, occupation, and your answers to the following questions:
- My three biggest health goals are:
- My biggest healthy-living weakness is:
- What motivates you:
Then, take our health quiz to find out what supplements you should be taking for your specific health needs. For the next 90 days, take your VitaMe pack every day. Share your progress with us online at Facebook, Twitter, or on your own blog. Send us your questions, feedback, and tips to email@example.com — we’re here to help, and we’ll help you stay on track!