One of the best ways to boost your nutrition is by starting with really great, fresh foods. You’ll get more power out of healthy ingredients like blueberries, avocados, and leafy greens by choosing fresh, uncooked, unsweetened versions. Personally, I like to start my day with this quick skin food smoothie full of ultra fresh superfood ingredients that perfectly complement my personal supplement plan. It’s packed with lots of great skin foods that give a little extra muscle to the vitamins in my own pack.
Toss in your blender:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen spinach or other leafy green
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup almond milk (more calcium than cow’s milk and none of the hormones)
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (helps with nutrient absorption)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
Blend this into a thick smoothie, transfer to a bowl, and top with:
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup chopped nuts, like pecans, walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao nibs (loaded with antioxidants)
Grab a spoon and enjoy!
You can also personalize my recipe to personalize your own skin food smoothie. Choose any fresh, brightly colored fruits; leafy greens (avoid kale, which gets bitter when blended); and your favorite seeds and nuts.